I have been there and let me help you with your journey to start reading books. If you are a person who is not interested in reading books, then I hope this blog might give you some reasons to start reading.
Where should you start?
Starting off with self-help books or non-fiction books, believe me, you will not read more books. Sometimes, you will not even finish the book you bought because it's just gonna be some advice. When you are in the part of your life where you are in desperate need of motivation, at that time it might help. Also, if you have tons of patience.
Start with some novel. Choose a genre you like. If you like romance, then start with it. If you like thrillers, then start with them.
Why start with novels?
That's what worked for me. They gave me something to keep coming to. I wanted to know what happens to those characters. I was fascinated by how it would end, how the story keeps going and it kept me going to finish my first book.
It is alike friends sharing a story they know with you, but unlike your friend's story, it is interesting. And also gives you a good habit which helps you improve your vocabulary and grammar. I guess it's a win-win situation. You get to improve yourself and pass your time in a not-so-boring way.
You may ask, it's why we see movies. Do you pause every time you see a new word and search for its meaning? It would be a tiresome process but with books, you can always do that. Pause whenever you want to search and still the story looks interesting because you created that world in your mind.
Books I would suggest for first-time readers
Start with Indian author books. The language would be simple and easy to understand. The flow will also be less complicated.
I might suggest you start with Savi Sharma's books. She has only written a few but she is a very good author to start your reading journey with.
This book has 2 two parts. So, if you start your book journey with the first part, then you will know you come back for part 2. Thus, your book journey doesn't stop with one book alone.The price is also low if you start with Indian authors.
I have linked her other books of her below. She is one of my favorites. Simple yet beautiful stories are from her books.
If you want to start with thrillers but with Indian authors, Chetan Bhagat has done a good job with this book called "The girl in room 105". Usually, his books are filled with love stories but I find this book better than all of his books. (It's just my personal opinion. It may vary from person to person).
If you starting loving books at some point, then you should not miss Dan Brown's books. Consider me his biggest fan. Some of his books are made into movies and they were super hit. I love his work on series of books he wrote on a character called "Robert Langdon". I have read all his books and loved every one of them. Each book will blow your mind. The concepts he uses may seem like conspiracy theories but the details he puts into every book make me go wow every time. Mostly all his stories happen around the same day or two days span. But it will be like finishing a degree from the particular topic he wrote about. Don't panic. It's novels not some self-help or textbooks.
There is this book of his called "The Origin". I was thinking about that book for two days straight and nothing else after I finished that book. It left me in quiet awe. How? What if it's true? I still think about it and wonder. It's his masterpiece. You should definitely give that a try. I would probably say this for every one of his books but believe me, I got goosebumps reading the secret being revealed in this book.
If you want self-help books suggestions, I got you covered
I know this book got quite a hype and it is worth every hype. To be honest this is the only self-help book I enjoyed reading.
"The Secret", is one of the books I read during my early reading journeys. It was suggested to me by a friend. It gave me hope and faith at that point in my life, something to hold onto.
If you want more suggestions, let me know and if you have any book suggestions for me, please do tell me. I will never get bored of books. So will you once you get into them and start liking them. Books won't let you down and most importantly they will not leave you alone. They will always have world ready for you to get lost into.
Comments
Post a Comment